As a result of our continued growth following our firm merger in late 2020, and with the view of extending our service offering, we are seeking a Bookkeeper to join our team.
About the Role
As a Bookkeeper, you will service a portfolio of clients in relation to their bookkeeping requirements, under the direction of the firm’s Accountants. Key client industries can include (but not limited to) Building & Construction, Medical, Property, and SME Businesses.
Additionally, you will report to the firm’s Manager surrounding workflow allocation where required.
In the role, your responsibilities will include:
- Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly client transactional processes;
- Preparation of Quarterly Business Activity Statements & Income Activity Statements;
- Assisting with client’s payroll functions – including processing and STP reporting;
- Superannuation processing;
- Client bank reconciliations;
- Month-End & Year-End reconciliations – including GST, Wages, and Super;
- Accounts Payable & Receivable
The role will be a part-time position, initially working three days per week at our Head Office. The view for the position is to move full-time within a three to six-month period.
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum of five years’ experience working as a Bookkeeper (preferably in a Professional Service/Public Practice environment);
- Certificate IV in Bookkeeping / Diploma in Accounting (preferred but not essential);
- Experience across MYOB (AccountRight & MYOB Essentials), Xero, and QuickBooks software;
- Hold a commercial mindset, and the ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external parties;
- Strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills (both written & verbal);
- High degree of technical knowledge & understanding of tax requirements
- Strong time management skills; and
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
To submit your interest, please contact email@example.com or (07) 3002 2699.